Stevia as studies have been conducted is an excellent complement to those who have diabetes or impaired glucose in blood, as it acts by directly stimulating the beta cells of the pancreas.
Its active ingredient is called stevioside, which generates a considerable secretion of insulin in the body, so it is considered a hyperglycaemic very beneficial for people suffering from type II diabetes, no insulin. Aside from this as its main property, has other therapeutic properties as you explained below.
* Stevia is slightly hypotensive, diuretic, digestive functions as a natural antacid and regulating the pH of the blood and urine.
* It is excellent for treating respiratory tract.
* Promotes cholesterol lowering, and vasodilator, so it is advisable to guard the heart.
* Has the same antioxidant properties of green tea.
* It is antifungal and antibacterial, as it helps combat vaginal yeast, and in many parts of the world it is used for toothpaste, or mouthwash to kill bacteria and prevent bleeding gums and tooth decay.
To take advantage of all the virtues of this natural herb leaves should be used, plus all the same benefits they will bring to our body minerals such as iron, cobalt and magnesium. She was purchased in health food stores or health food home.