Hops is known as the plant responsible for the manufacture of beer. But besides these properties, hops can be used to treat various conditions such as lower cholesterol. This note brindaré you information about the benefits of this plant, which through its chemical components can fight against cholesterol.
A hop is the scientific name Humulus lupulus. This plant contains active ingredients called flavonoids, more precisely phytoestrogens, substances responsible for combating cholesterol.
Mechanism of action of flavonoids to lower cholesterol
* Flavonoids are organic substances that bind to specific enzymes, forming an enzyme complex. This complex helps reduce oxidation of fats, which are derived from the cell for energy.
* This action results in a reduced chance of forming plaques that prevent normal blood circulation, preventing cardiovascular disease.
Moreover, these phytoestrogens are important in treating high cholesterol in special situations such as menopause. Therapeutic action supported by various scientific studies.
To fight against cholesterol, nothing better than a low fat diet rich in fiber and antioxidants. This not only will lower cholesterol, but you’ll have a better quality of life.
Properties is flour semolina from different cereal. Besides being ideal for making flour and other pasta preparations, has cholesterol lowering properties. This note brindaré you information about what benefits you can get grits consuming to treat hypercholesterolemia.
Semolina is the product of the milling of wheat or other cereals such as rice, oats, corn, etc. It is considered a coarse meal. The semolina flour has special properties that allow incorporating into a diet to treat hypercholesterolemia and to achieve, lower LDL cholesterol in blood.
Chemical composition per 100 g of semolina
* Calories: 349
* Carbohydrates: 75 g
* Fiber: 1 g
* Fat: 1.40 g
* Saturated fatty acids: 0.16 g
* Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.35 g
* Monounsaturated fatty acids: 0.10 g
* Omega 3: 0.02 g
* Omega 6: 0.30 g
* Vitamins B Complex
* Minerals: potassium, iron, calcium, contains low amounts of sodium.
Taking into account as semolina is made, you can determine what benefits it has for treating hypercholesterolemia
Properties of cholesterol-lowering meal
* The fiber has to absorb and remove excess cholesterol obtained from food. Thus, it regulates the concentration of cholesterol in blood.
* The content of unsaturated fatty acids can increase the formation of HDL cholesterol and reducing bad cholesterol or LDL. This prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in artery walls.
* In addition, its high potassium content can regulate blood pressure, which can be considered a cardiovascular risk factor.
While the caloric value of the meal is high, it consumed in moderate amounts can help reduce bad cholesterol in the blood without the danger of gaining weight.
Remember that cereal grain especially if they help reduce and control the plasma cholesterol levels. Thus, avoid cardiovascular complications.
Bad cholesterol or LDL cholesterol is a fraction of that in high concentrations produce health complications. Within these complications can include arteriosclerosis, which is derived from the formation of atherosclerotic plaques. Given this information is important to know how they relate to the concepts of LDL cholesterol and atheroma.
Values greater than 100 mg / dl of LDL cholesterol in the blood as a result bring health complications and if they are sustained over time, the risk increases.
Cholesterol and atherosclerotic plaques are different terms, which are closely related.
What is the relationship?
* As I said earlier values above 100 mg / dl LDL cholesterol allow these particles build up on artery walls, resulting in a defense response by the body.
* Thus the white blood cells try to destroy the invading agent, but if it fails to form foam cells burst becoming atherosclerotic plaques.
* These atheroma plaques harden artery walls, reducing the size of them. Therefore, less blood reaches the cardiovascular system producing a series of complications that may even lead to death.
Realizing this relationship between LDL or bad cholesterol and atheroma plaque formation, to understand why it is so important to control blood cholesterol levels. Through this control can prevent diseases that can affect the quality of life.
Remember to eat healthy; do not drink to excess, smoke and physical exercise. These suggestions are the best way to take care.
If you are taking cholesterol medication currently, you may wonder why you have abdominal cramp frequently. Don’t blame the medication. If it is suggested for you by your doctor, its benefit should be more than the side effect. What are the side effects of cholesterol medication and what is the safest way to have it for your cholesterol problem? Reading this article might give you big clue on the questions.
Cholesterol medications have serious side effect as well as compromised side effect. The serious liver damage is one of the side effects for the patient. It is a must to discuss with your doctor which medication to take for your cholesterol problem. Not everyone will immediately and automatically experience the side effects, but it is a standard procedure for the medical doctor to inform before suggested certain medication for the patient. Explanation of the side effects is patient’s right to know how to lower cholesterol in safe way.
The less severe side effect is abdominal cramp, itching of the skin, headaches, nausea, vomiting, pain in the joints and muscles, bloating, gas, diarrhea, and constipation. The side effect however should be managed by other medication if necessary if your level of cholesterol is seriously high and impossible to lower it just by natural way such as healthy diet and exercise. Search further information on the review of the cholesterol medication in lowercholesterol.org. Never solve problem by creating another problem. Deal with your high cholesterol in safe way.